WhatsApp has become an important part of our life nowadays. Users can easily share photos, videos, messages via Whatsapp. Not only that, you can easily reach anywhere with the help of Google Map through the WhatsApp share location feature. These are some of the features that we all know, but apart from these features, Whatsapp offers even more amazing features for you. Let’s know about some of the Secret Tips & Tricks of Whatsapp.
Useful WhatsApp Secret Tips & Tricks
1. Disable Blue Ticks –
WhatsApp has given this feature while keeping the user’s privacy in mind. With the help of this feature the person with whom you are talking will not be able to see that have you read the chats or not. To activate this, You have to go to Settings and click on Account option and then choose the Privacy option. After this, you will see an option of Read Receipts which you have to disable.
2. Change your number in WhatsApp –
If you have entered the old number in the Whatsapp account and want to create an account with the new number, then it can be changed without any hassles. To do this, go to Setting, click on Account and then click on Change number, Enter both old number and new number here. In addition, if you want to use your old number with the new SIM, there will be nothing on the Whatsapp account.
3. Share live location –
Location sharing feature is already in Whatsapp, but this is a live location feature. It means that if you share the location with your friend or family members, it will continue to vary with your movement. It will keep updating your location in real-time. Regardless of why Whatsapp keeps running in background. For this you have to go to the attachment menu of your chat box. Here you will see the share Location option. You can share your live location with a user for 15 minutes, 1 hour, or 8 hours (Select any one). For help, follow the arrow in the image below.
4. Who talked more & Storage management –
With this feature you can find out who has talked with you more and you can manage your storage as well. With this feature, WhatsApp users will be able to delete any single media file separately from their chat. If Whatsapp is covering more storage due to your chat, then you can delete these messages without any hassle. For this feature, you have to go to Settings and click on the Data and storage usage. After this, the Storage usage option will open. Here you will see a chat list with ranking of your uses of contacts and groups so that you will know who you have talked with the most.
Now you can also manage your storage usage from this chat list. For manage storage usage select one of the contact from your chat list, whose message you want to delete. Now you will get options like Text messages, Contacts, Locations, Photos, GIFs, Videos, Audio messages Documents. In the bottom you will see an option MANAGE MESSAGES click on it, Select any of these media files you want to delete. Uncheck the rest and check that one option and tap on the clear message.
5. Group video and voice calling –
Users can now enjoy group video calling and group voice calling on Whatsapp.This feature is preferred by WhatsApp users. This new feature is now available for Android and iOS users worldwide. WhatsApp says that users spend about 2 billion minutes of video calls on a daily basis. It can be estimated that people were eagerly awaiting the group video call. Four people can be connected together at a time from WhatsApp’s group calling feature. Video calling on WhatsApp is from 2016, but so far only two people could connect together. Now four people can call group video together with new features. Whatsapp says that this new feature will work well even if the Slow network is available. In addition the call will be fully encrypted. Follow these steps for group video or voice callings.
- First of all, open Whatsapp on your smart phone and call the friend you want to call.
- To make a call, tap on the Video Calling or Voice Calling Option in the top right corner. Wait for the call to start and pick the front-facing user’s call.
- As soon as the call is picked up, you will see the option to add other participants in the corner to the top right corner.
- Tapping on this icon will allow all the contacts in your mobile to show up on Whatsapp.
- Now select the third participant who wants to join the call.
- When you call the third participant, you will receive a notification that the other two are in the call. In this way four people can enjoy group calls together.
6. Formatting your text messages –
WhatsApp allows you to format selected text inside your messages. You can do Bold, Italic or Strikethrough your messages.
- To Bold your message, place an asterisk on both sides of the text, like so : *message*
- To Italic your message, place an underscore on both sides of the text, like so : _message_
- To strikethrough your message, place a tilde on both sides of the text, like so : ~message~
- You can use two or three of these features together at the same time, like so : ~_*message*_~
7. Pin a particular chat on top –
Today, most people search for a way to make WhatsApp easier and in a short time due to busy lifestyle. In this way, we are going to tell users how to pin a particular chat in WhatsApp and how to do show on the top in chatting list.
- First of all open Whatsapp in your phone and press a long press on the chat you want to pin.
- After long press chat, you will see the pin icon at the top of the screen, now tap on that pin icon.
- Now your selected Chat PIN has been pinned, now it will show the top of your chat list.
8. Create shortcut on home screen –
If you are chatting with someone for a long time and want him to always be in front of your eyes on the phone and you have to open at least WhatsApp, then we are going to tell you how to create a shortcut for WhatsApp on the home screen for that chat. Just follow some easy steps.
- First of all, open WhatsApp in your phone. Now open the chat, that wants to create a shortcut on the home screen.
- After selecting the chat, tap on the three points on the right side of the home screen.
- After tapping on three points, you will see a number of options, from which, tap More option.
- After taping More option, you will see some new options, click on Add shortcut option.
9. Backup of messages –
If you want to change the phone or you want to format it and you want to take a backup of your WhatsApp. Then you can take backups of your WhatsApp’s messages, photos, video, audio or your files very easily. For backup, follow these steps-
- Go to Menu option and click on Setting in whatsapp.
- After going to Setting, you will see Chats option, click on it.
- After clicking Chats option, you will see Chat backup option, click on it.
- After clicking Chat Backup, you will open the page of WhatsApp Backup. You have to set all the options on this page and click on BACK UP.
10. Mute chat on WhatsApp –
On whatsapp, making group is ongoing like a culture and in these groups some time important messages but some times unnecessary messages also come. If you get irritated of these notifications which are coming continuously then we are going to tell you how to mute these chat notifications. If you want, then you can apply mute chat notification to some selected groups for a few times by following these steps-
- Open your whatsapp and go to CHATS tab.
- Select the group of which you want to mute chat notification.
- Go to Option menu and select Group info.
- You will see an option of Mute notifications, turn it on.
So this was some of the Whatsapp tips and tricks that you can use to increase your Whatsapp experience several times. Friends, everything is very fun in itself. Just need to know some of his secrets and some of the same Whatsapp secrets we have share you on this post. Hope you will learn something new from them. If you like this post, then share it with your friends, thanks.