Now it is not neccessory to carry your important documents anywhere. This month, the government has introduced a service called DigiLocker, which is possible to put all these papers in online digital format. Online shoppers will be easy to store any personal documents like driving licenses, college and school certificates, Aadhaar Card and other documents in digital form. Before using the help of DigiLocker, store your papers online and send the link online to anyone who has to share it. Any kind of document can be stored in the Digilocker. It is easy for ordinary people to share their personal information anywhere. This information can be sent in just a few minutes from any corner of the country.
Many fake apps are also in the Google Play Store and keep in mind that you are not putting any of your important information in the wrong app. The app which is made by the Indian government is the only official app.
With the use of ‘DigiLocker’ launched under the Digital India Campaign, you will not only get rid of the hassle of keeping a paper document, but will not be afraid of losing your original documents or theft. Not only this, your e-documents placed here will be fully protected. The government has also said in its recent order that RTO or Police Department will have to accept e-documents during investigation.
Which format are accepted in it :-
The benefits of this feature can be raised through the website and the mobile app. All the data is stored in the cloud. In this app, you can upload a scan copy of your documents in PDF, JPEG or PNG format and Maximum allowed file size is 10MB. Self attestation can also be done through e-sign of these documents.
Which type of documents are store in it :-
In DigiLocker you can keep PAN card, educational certificate, caste and birth certificate, ration card, driving license, cart registration certificate etc. Under the Information Technology Act-2000, the electronic records available in the DigiLocker will be treated as original documents.
Process to get Digital DL (Driving License) and RC (Registration Certificate) :-
To get digital RC and DL, users should ensure that their Aadhaar number is linked to their DigiLocker account. Once done this, they can go to the “pull partner document” section, select the issuer and the document type, and enter the document details asked for it. This will allow them to bring their documents from the Transport Ministry database. After the document is received, users can later save a permanent link (URI) into this digital document in their “Issued Documents” section for reuse.
During fetching digital records of the Ministry of Transportation to the DigiLocker, your name in your Aadhaar card should match your name in the RC and DL database of the National Register. This ensures that only the right owner of the documents is capable of bringing digital DL and RC.
Data will be completely safe :-
Your documents in the digital locker will be as secure as a bank account or net banking. In this, your User ID is linked to Aadhaar card and mobile number. Whenever you work in a digital locker, OTP will come first on your mobile. After inserting it, the DigiLocker can be open.
Creating your DigiLocker Account :-
You can create your DigiLocker Account from two ways, First with the help of Computer, Second with the help of Mobile –
From Computer :- Click Here
- After clicking on, “Click Here” you will see the official website like this- Fill your mobile number and click on Continue.
- One OTP is send your mobile number, Fill this OTP in next window and click on Verify.
- Set your Username & Password and click on Signup.
- After Signup fill your Aadhaar Number in next window and click on SUBMIT.
- In next window show ‘Welcome to DigiLocker’ this mean your DigiLocker account created successfully.
From Mobile :-
- Go to the Google Play Store and Search DigiLocker & install it in your mobible. After installation, your screen will look like this. Click on Signup option.
- Fill your mobile number & click on CONTINUE option.
- Fill OTP (One Time Password) number, Which is received on your mobile & click on VERIFY option.
- Just one more step to complete signup. Create a Username and Password for your DigiLocker account.
- Your signup process is complete. If you Set Mobile Pin click on SET PIN otherwise click on NOT NOW option.
Now you can save your personal documents like driving licenses, college and school certificates and other documents in digital form. You can view all of your documents whenever you want. Please remember your username and password to open it.